Hello Everyone! WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS) that helps users create dynamic websites and blogs.
WordPress is the world’s most powerful user-friendly free website creation tool (CMS) through which you can create the very best blog and website, without any technical knowledge. You can think of the popularity of WordPress that there is over 70 million internet (27% of the internet) blogs/websites that have been created using WordPress.
WordPress Features (Features of WordPress)
User Management: This helps in managing user information, such as changing the user’s role, creating a user (subscriber, contributor, author, editor or administrator), to create the user, change a password, and user information. The main part of the User Manager is Authentication.
Media Management: This is a tool that manages media files and folders. This allows you to easily upload, organize and manage your files on your website.
Theme System: This helps in modifying the site view. It contains images, stylesheets, template files, and custom pages.
Extend with Plugins: Many plugins are available which provide custom functions and features according to user’s needs.
Search Engine Optimized: This provides search engine optimization (SEO) tools that make on-site SEO easy.
Multilingual: It can translate all the contents of the page into any language according to the user’s instructions.
Importers: This user helps in importing data for the post. It imports custom files, comments, post pages, and tags.
SEO Friendly – By using WordPress, when you create a website or blog you do not have to pay much attention to SEO because this work is also done by WordPress itself. Many plugins in WordPress are similar to those that optimize your content for search engines like SEO by Yoast Plugin and for this reason an engineer like a giant like a google. Matt Cutts has said, ” WordPress has made to SEO well”…
Whenever we think of starting a blog, we become confused about lots of options, such as Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr etc.
If you are building a blog, then use a professional platform like WordPress.org (self-hosted).
Through WordPress theme, you can change the design of your website. Many free theme options are available in WP and many premiums too. By using it you can easily create an effective website.
1. Customization is easy, the user needs to know
2. This is an open source platform and available in free.
3. CSS files can be modified according to the needs of the user.
4. There are many plugins and templates available for free. The user can modify these plugins according to their need.
5. It’s very easy to edit the content in it because it uses the WYSIWYG editor, which means that the user will see what you type, without having to do the commands.
6. Media files are easily and quickly uploaded.
7. Customization is easy, according to user’s needs.
1. On 27th May 2003, Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little launched the first version of WordPress.
2. Added Plugin feature to May 2004, which allows users to further improve the functionality of WordPress.
3. In 2005 WordPress added the theme feature and new admin dashboard and this year the wordpress.com was launched.
4. In 2006, Matt registered a trademark for WordPress and its logo.
5. Added new user interface, autosave, and spelling checking feature to WordPress 2.1 in 2007.
6. 2008-2009 Happy Cog web design company joined the WordPress Project and created a very user-friendly admin dashboard.
7. In 2010 WordPress was declared open source.
8. Added the advanced media manager and theme customizer feature in 2011-2014.
9. To make the REST API added mobile apps in 2015-2016.
By using too many plugins the website can be heavy, which will cause loading slowly.
To get the modification in the WordPress website, it is important to have an HTML or PHP knowledge.